Licensed Social Worker / Counselor Admissions Coordinator
Sorry, this job has expired.
San Marcos, TX
$18.00 – $25.00
San Marcos Treatment Center is now hiring a Licensed Admissions Coordinator.
You will be expected to:
• Receive inquiry calls and assist caller with scheduling of a face-to-face assessment or triage to an appropriate referral in the community. • Compile all clinical and meet individual contract requirements prior to assessment and admission.
• Assess or ensure assessment by a qualified mental health professional of patients who present for assessment.
• Screen for medical and behavioral emergency conditions.
• Perform assessment of behavioral healthcare needs and coordinate the clinical team effort to ensure that these needs are met either at San Marcos Treatment Center or another appropriate provider in the community.
• Complete the process of admission, and pre-authorization of care with external payers.
• B.A., B.S., Master’s Degree or Graduate Student
• LMSW, LPC, LPC-I
• Receive all referral/inquiry calls and respond to request for information on programs and services and requests for assessment or tour of residential facility.
• Perform assessments and collaborate with clinical referral sources, families, doctors, agencies and other callers to ensure assessment or admission is coordinated as smoothly as possible.
• Aid referral sources, families or caller in triage to services in the community when San Marcos Treatment Center does not meet the assessed or stated needs.
• Inform every voluntary patient in language they can understand of their legal rights as patients prior to admission. Inform every involuntary patient of his or her legal rights within twenty-four hours of admission.
• Collaborate with Business Office staff to ensure that payer information is obtained and verified and that financial information as to the patient share of cost is provided.
• Complete the administrative paperwork, including consent and releases to insure that patients are fully informed during the admission process. Complete clinical paperwork associated with intake process including ITP, psychosocial, risk assessments, and progress notes when assigned.
• Be an expert in MS4/Midas and responsible for ensuring 100% entry of all calls and admissions. Provide director with statistical reports and suggest measures to improve the delivery and utilization of care and to evaluate the effectiveness of these.
• Compile and maintain community resources for outside referrals to all levels of care including support groups, other acute and residential facilities, and resources for clients with limited resources.
• Be an expert in documentation, communication, teamwork, and customer service.
• Advocate for internal and external customers, including the client, family, physician, treatment team and managed care organization.
• Provide clinical support to team as needed/assigned via therapy intervention i.e. group, individual, and family therapies.
• Must be able to frequently stand, walk, and sit.
• Must be able to carry up to 10 lbs.
Founded and in continuous operation since 1940, San Marcos Treatment Center has maintained its core belief in the value of each individual as championed by the Browns more than 70 years ago. We are a provider of intensive psychiatric residential evaluation and treatment, offering services to a unique population of children and adolescents from across the United States and overseas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.