Director of Medical Records
Sorry, this job has expired.
San Marcos, TX
San Marcos Treatment Center is now hiring a Director of Medical Records.
You will be expected to:
• Supervise and mentor medical records staff
• Ensure that the department provides optimal services, meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements and complies with all applicable policies, procedure codes and standards of the facility.
• Direct, establish, and plan in conjunction with senior management the overall policies and goals for the Medical Records Department at San Marcos Treatment Center.
• Assure that all Health Information Management practices meet Joint Commission and state standards.
• Provide medical record expertise to administration, medical and professional staff, associates, customers, and external agencies.
• Develop, implement, and maintain patient information systems to fulfill the needs of the organization and licensing, accrediting and reimbursement agencies.
• Teach, train, and disseminate information related to records as requested campus-wide.
• Registered Health Information Administrator (R.H.I.A.),
• Registered Health Information Technician (R.H.I.T.),
• Licensed Nurse (R.N. or L.V.N.) or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare.
Founded and in continuous operation since 1940, San Marcos Treatment Center has maintained its core belief in the value of each individual as championed by the Browns more than 70 years ago. We are a provider of intensive psychiatric residential evaluation and treatment, offering services to a unique population of children and adolescents from across the United States and overseas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.